How To Get Selected For Tunku Abdul Rahman Scholarships?
Educational scholarships help students achieve academic goals and pursue higher education. They provide financial assistance to students so that they can cover the costs of tuition, books, and other expenses. Scholarships make a big difference in helping students achieve their dreams.
One popular scholarship program in Malaysia is the Tunku Abdul Rahman Scholarship. The Yayasan Tunku Abdul Rahman foundation offers this educational scholarship.
What is the Tunku Abdul Rahman Scholarship?
The Tunku Abdul Rahman Scholarship, also known as the Biasiswa Tunku Abdul Rahman, is a prestigious scholarship program that is awarded to high-achieving students in Malaysia. It is named after the country’s first Prime Minister, Tunku Abdul Rahman, and is aimed at helping students from all socio-economic backgrounds achieve their full potential.
This scholarship covers the total cost of tuition, as well as a monthly allowance for living expenses, a book voucher, and other relevant allowances such as thesis and internship allowances.
To be eligible for the Tunku Abdul Rahman Scholarship, students need to meet the following minimum requirements:
- Malaysian nationality
- Not older than 25 years old on the application closing date
In addition to these minimum requirements, they need to meet specific academic and co-curricular needs. These include:
- A minimum CGPA of 3.75 for STPM, Foundation, or Matriculation students
- A minimum CGPA of 3.75 for undergraduate students currently pursuing a bachelor’s degree at a local higher education institution, with at least two years left to complete the program
- Kepujian (A-) grades in SPM Bahasa Malaysia and Bahasa Inggeris
- Strong leadership qualities and active involvement in co-curricular activities, particularly at the inter-school or university level
Note – The scholarship award is based on the applicant’s acceptance to a local higher education institution.
Read also: How to help your child transition to an International Private Secondary School in KL, Malaysia?
In addition to these requirements, recipients of the Tunku Abdul Rahman Scholarship are required to work for the country for a minimum of five years after completing their sponsored education.
The Tunku Abdul Rahman Scholarship provides total tuition fees as charged by the university, as well as the following additional benefits:
- A monthly allowance of RM1,000 for living expenses
- A book voucher of RM500 per semester
- Other relevant allowances such as thesis, internship allowances, and hardware equipment allowances (once per year)
- Two-way flight tickets once per year for students from East Malaysia studying in West Malaysia, or students from West Malaysia studying in East Malaysia
How to Apply
To apply for the Tunku Abdul Rahman Scholarship, applicants must first download the application form from the Yayasan Tunku Abdul Rahman foundation website.
For undergraduate students pursuing a bachelor’s degree, applications need to be submitted through the TIMBALAN NAIB CANSELOR (HAL EHWAL PELAJAR).
Only shortlisted candidates will be called for an interview. If you are not contacted after three months, the application will be unsuccessful.
The Tunku Abdul Rahman Scholarship is a prestigious and highly sought-after scholarship program in Malaysia. It is a highly competitive and prestigious scholarship program available to talented and motivated Malaysian students who wish to pursue their studies at a local higher education institution. To apply, students must meet specific academic and co-curricular requirements and demonstrate strong leadership qualities and active involvement in co-curricular activities.
It provides financial assistance to cover the costs of tuition and other expenses and is aimed at helping high-achieving students from all socio-economic backgrounds achieve their full potential. If you meet the eligibility requirements and are interested in applying for the scholarship, visit the Yayasan Tunku Abdul Rahman foundation website to download the application form and get more information about the application process.
For more blogs click here.
Comments are closed.