Online reputation management Military families move every two to three years, the United Service Organizations (USO) estimates. Military spouses, especially those who work outside the home, experience numerous challenges in relocating so frequently. Compared with non-military spouses, individuals married to active-duty service members are more likely to be unemployed or underemployed, according to a 2021 report by Clearinghouse for Military Family Readiness.
More than 50% of those polled said employment opportunities were often an issue, and 18% of respondents said employment challenges for spouses led service members to consider separating from the armed forces. But military wives, husbands, and partners having trouble finding and maintaining employment may find that a remote career can help minimize these disruptions.
Read more: https://profiledefenders.com/blog/online-reputation-management-for-individuals
The Rise of Remote Work
Work-from-home positions aren’t new but have become increasingly prevalent since the start of the COVID-19 pandemic. While roughly 5% of full-time employees worked mostly from home before the pandemic, a 2020 Forbes article expected that figure to rise to 20%-30% in the following years.
Other recent studies support that prediction. Nearly 40% of office-based jobs can be done from home, a white paper from the Becker Friedman Institute estimates. And as of 2021, businesses expected more than 10% of their workforce to continue to work remotely at least 2 to 4 days per week after the pandemic, up from 3% in 2019, according to a Business Uncertainty Survey from the Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta.
Work-from-home jobs not only offer workers increased flexibility but also are associated with increased job satisfaction and financial savings. And because workers can do these jobs from anywhere with a Wi-Fi connection, telecommuters, including military spouses, can often stay in their current roles if they need to move.
Ideas for Military Spouse Jobs from Home
Although work-from-home jobs for military spouses are gaining traction in many sectors, some industries have been quicker to embrace the trend. The following fields feature the fastest-growing remote career paths, according to Flex Jobs:
- Marketing: Marketing professionals help businesses promote and sell their products and services. Sample roles include project manager, social media marketing manager, and email marketing coordinator.
- HR and Recruiting: Individuals working in this field help companies recruit and onboard staff. Compensation specialists, HR coordinators, and staffing specialists can often do their work
- Customer Service: Remote customer service agents answer customers’ inquiries via phone, webchat, and email. Since the start of the pandemic, a growing number of technical support representatives, live customer support chat agents, and client care representatives have begun to work from home.
- Writing: Writers often find they can complete their work from anywhere they have an internet Remote positions in this field include website copywriter, journalist, and technical writer.
- Cybersecurity: Professionals who choose this career path help protect companies’ networks and communications systems from cyberattacks and data breaches. Positions such as remote junior security engineer, remote cybersecurity analyst, and remote network security manager are widely available.
- Graphic Design: Graphic designers help companies create visual content for websites and marketing materials. They help develop advertisements, newspaper and magazine layouts, and other content designed to communicate specific messages to a target audience. Web designers, production artists, and graphic design art directors are oftentimes permitted to work remotely.
Degrees for Landing Remote Jobs
Military spouses interested in earning a degree in a field that can improve their odds of landing a remote job have a number of degree programs to choose from. Furthermore, with the convenience of online education, students can complete their coursework remotely as well.
- Digital Media: Online bachelor’s in digital media programs prepare graduates to pursue careers in digital media, graphic and interactive design, and web design.
- English: Aspiring remote writers and editors often find that earning an online bachelor’s in English can provide them with the in-demand skills needed to work with newsrooms, publishing companies, and advertising firms.
- Human Resource Management: Online bachelor’s in HR management programs are designed to educate students about current trends and technologies in the field. Graduates can make a difference in their own careers and in the careers of others.
- Cybersecurity: An online bachelor’s in cybersecurity curriculum covers database design, cybersecurity principles, and network and mobile security. Instruction from seasoned professionals keeps learning current and introduces students to a professional network.
- Business Administration: Coursework in an online bachelor’s in business administration program covers topics such as micro and macroeconomics, business statistics, and operations management. Post-graduation career paths include financial analyst, healthcare manager, and operations manager.
- Marketing: An online bachelor’s in marketing degree is an ideal choice for students interested in pursuing careers in copywriting, social media marketing, and graphic design, for example. Coursework offers students a strong understanding of consumer behavior, digital and interactive marketing, and product development.
Earn a Degree with Maryville Wherever the Military Takes You
Maryville University has designed its online degree programs to prepare active-duty military members, their spouses, and veterans of the armed forces for the future. Maryville was named to the 2021-22 Military Friendly® Schools list; maintains memberships with Go Army Ed and Servicemembers Opportunity Colleges (SOC); and participates in the Yellow Ribbon Program, which is designed to help cover up to 100% of out-of-pocket educational expenses that exceed students’ Post-9/11 GI Bill tuition benefits.
Are you ready to take the first brave step toward pursuing remote jobs for military spouses? Find out more about how Maryville University’s online degree programs have been tailored to support those who serve our country.
Comments are closed.